CCSE, A Year in Review through the Lens of our Blog: part II

CCSE, A Year in Review through the Lens of our Blog: part II

In the early spring, plans for our upcoming Annual Symposium – to be hosted at the University in May, 2020 – we well underway. And then, the COVID19 pandemic arrived.

By the end of March, 2020 we – based at UWS – along with colleagues from across our networks of collaborators, stakeholders and associates were finding our feet in the ‘new normal.’ For many of us, this included working from home for the foreseeable future. (more…)

CCSE, A Year in Review through the Lens of our Blog: part I

CCSE, A Year in Review through the Lens of our Blog: part I

The passage of time has been a somewhat strange – or at least, stranger – thing to experience in 2020 than is usually the case. It is nevertheless heartening to look back over the academic year through the lens of the posts that we’ve been able to publish on the CCSE blog. (more…)

Project Echo – An Introduction

Project Echo – An Introduction

The hosting of major sports events provide many benefits for the host cities including increased funding for infrastructure and development. However, less is known on the impact on specific population groups. Project Echo is an online research forum seeking to understand the post-games effects of hosting the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and the 2015 Pan American Games/ Para Pan American Games in Toronto. (more…)

SMA’ Shot Day 2020

SMA’ Shot Day 2020

Pre-covid time seems so distant and different now on reflection. Back in February, when I first met with the Renfrewshire Council Events team to discuss the role of creative producer for Sma’ Shot Day 2020, little did any of us consider that the all of the exciting plans and ideas for this year would have to be re-imagined so dramatically and suddenly. (more…)